Upload your own coding questions and use them in the test
iMocha has a wide range of question types to test the candidate skills with many parameters. While screening for a developer role, you can test the coding skills of the candidate. Like you can upload other types of questions, you can upload your coding question in the test.
You can watch the video or read the steps to add your own coding questions.
Here is a quick guide on how to add your coding question.
- Click the “My Questions” tab on the top panel.
- Click “Add questions” (Note: If you are uploading the questions for the first time, you need to create Category and Skills before adding questions. Read how to upload questions)
- From the drop-down menu, select “Coding.”
- Select the skill to which you want to add the question
- Write the problem statement in the Question (There can be multiple test cases for the given problem statement. You can write test cases with the expected input & expected output.)
- Allot the points for the test cases
Test cases are the different inputs used to test the candidate's defined logic and produce the output. When your candidate writes a code, test cases help validate the correctness and the logic of their code. For example, if you ask your candidate to write a code, find the first non-repeated character in a given string. You can define the test case for this Question, as shown below.
In the Test, when a candidate writes and executes the code for this question, the test case is validated against the Candidate's code. If the candidate's code successfully executes the hidden Test cases and returns the expected output, the Candidate achieves the score assigned for this test case. If you select the Default checkbox, the test case will be shown to the candidate on code compilation during the test.
Steps to upload the question
Note: There are two ways to evaluate candidates' coding skills, either by providing a code stub or asking to write the code on the blank screen. For the 1st option choose, “Add code Stub,” and for the latter, choose “Candidate has to write the code.”
You can also choose the code stub's coding language from the list of languages given in the drop-down on the right side.
This question can now be used in your tests.
You can also customize the test instructions for the coding section.
To customize the test instructions
1. Click the test name in My Tests
2. Under Questions, click the settings icon in the coding section
3. You can write your instructions here, click Save
Note: The candidate can write the code in any language pre-selected by you.
Points will be the total of all the test cases.
In case of any queries, please mail us at email@example.com.