Know the various ways of creating a test in the iMocha platform.
Testing candidate skills is an integral part of the recruitment process. Our Digital skills assessment platform lets you create a test, invite the candidates & analyze the reports to make the best hiring decisions.
A) Creating a New Test
You can create a new test with:
- iMocha's ready job-role based tests
- iMocha's skills library
- Your own uploaded questions
- Combination of iMocha's skill library + your own questions
Let's walk you through it.
B) Editing a Test
You can edit the test by deleting/adding skills, changing the section settings, set negative marking, change test settings, and more. To edit any test, move it to the draft mode. Tests cannot be edited in the Published mode.
C) Understanding Automated and Manual Selection of Questions
Automated Selection - In Automated selection, the system will auto-select the entire skill library's questions. E.g., If the number of questions for a section is 10, with Automated selection, any 10 questions from the library will appear in the test. In this case, you will not know which questions will appear in the test. After making any changes, please click Save Skill for the changes to take effect.
By default, Automated Selection is always enabled unless you choose to select questions manually.
Please check if the Randomization feature is enabled in Test settings. If Randomization is enabled, any 10 questions from the skill bank will appear in the test. If Randomization is disabled, the skill bank's first 10 questions will appear in the test sequentially.
Manual Selection - In Manual selection, you can view and select each question you want to appear in the test.
Please check if the Randomization feature is enabled in Test settings. If Randomization is enabled, any 5 of your chosen questions will appear in the test. If Randomization is disabled, the chosen questions will appear in the test sequentially.
D) To set Negative Marking.
- Click the Settings icon under Actions.
- Select the negative marking settings
- Click Save
Note: To apply negative marking to the entire test, you must enable negative marking for all the test sections. Negative Marking cannot be applied to coding questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) If I make any changes but forget to click Save, will it be auto-saved?
No. For any changes that you make, please click Save Skill.
2) Where is General Question Category?
There is no General Question Category. All questions apart from Coding come under General Questions. If you select Coding questions, then only coding questions will appear.
3) How do I merge sections?
If you want to add two or more skill sets to a single section, you can enter similar sections' names. E.g., if you want to add numerical reasoning and verbal ability under the same section, you can name the section either numerical reasoning or verbal ability.
4) How will it affect my selection if I have enabled the Randomization of questions in Test settings?
- For Automated selection- The system will select questions from the skill library that will appear non-sequentially.
- For Manual selection- The questions selected by you from a skill library will appear non-sequentially.
5) What happens if I choose iMocha and Coding questions?
In this case, Coding Questions from the iMocha skill library will be displayed.
6) What happens if I choose My Questions and Coding questions?
In this case, Coding questions uploaded by you will be displayed.
In case of any queries, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also check