iMocha's Live Coding Interview offers the ideal environment to showcase your coding skills in real time
Follow the steps below to ensure a seamless experience during your Live Coding Interview:
I. Ensure a technical system check
1. Check your laptop/desktop for a working microphone and camera. Make sure both of these are up and running. You may also run a system check, before your final attempt.
2. Install the most recent browser versions: Live Coding Interview is compatible with the most recent Chrome and Firefox versions.
II. Joining the Interview
1. Click on the link to the Interview, as received in the email invitation, or directly access the interview in your Outlook or Google calendar (blocked using the Add to Calendar option received with the invitation).
2. On clicking the link, you will be redirected to the interview page. Fill in your Full name and Email address before clicking Join the Interview.
Note: If the host interviewer hasn't started the interview yet, you will be asked to wait until the host starts the interview.
3. Once the host starts the interview, you will be admitted to the interview room. The following screen shall appear on entering the Live Coding Interview:
You can interact with the interviewing panel via text, audio, or video and answer the questions asked by the panel.
As the interview panel adds the different questions, those are loaded into the question panel. You can navigate to a question through the question number bar.
Once Question is assigned to you, it will appear as below with its Sample Input and Output:
Note: As a candidate, you may choose your preferred language from 15+ languages supported on the platform, after discussing with interviewing panel.
4. Use the Compile & Run button to compile your code and see the output. This section evaluates the pre-attached test cases for each of the questions.
5. You can click the Test against custom input checkbox to test your code with custom inputs
Note: During the interview, your performance shall be rated on multiple criteria or parameters. These parameters are predetermined by the interview scheduler as per his/her requirements.
Examples of few popular parameters for coding interviews are code quality, technical communication, code optimization, code design, problem-solving, etc.
6. You may also select the Theme as well as Editor as per your preference, under Settings as below:
7. On completion of the interview, post your discussions with the panel, you may leave the session by clicking the Leave Session button.
Note: If the host ends the interview before you leave the interview, the session will end automatically for you.
8. Once session ends, you will be redirected to the feedback page. Feel free to share your experience here and click on Submit Feedback.
In case of any queries, please write to us at email@example.com